shrinking, Squat engineering (was "Squat crash on winXP")

Cees de Groot cg at tric.nl
Fri Feb 20 19:34:47 UTC 2004

smallsqueak.net <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> said:
>> No, to be really useful, Squat should *become* the mainsream. :)
>>
>    If you really think so, you are in quite a position to push for it.

Well, a lot of people will join him if he starts pushing, me first
(FWIW).

As I see it, Squat's working.image *is* more-or-less the minimal image we
discussed last year (it has one bit too much - the automatic connection to
the control image. I think that should be done by a command-line loadable
chunk of code so that people could build their own ways of bootstrapping
the minimal image). We've come quite a long way by stripping the full
image down to a base image, but Squat attacks this problem from the
correct angle, bottom-up.

You know, I've got this funny feeling that Squeak at the end of this
year will be quite different from what we've got now, and that's an
exhilarating feeling ;-)

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.tric.nl     <cg at tric.nl>
tric, the new way           helpdesk/ticketing software, VoIP/CTI,