Apple fonts in 3.7?

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Feb 20 20:08:18 UTC 2004

> If you were going to work on creating a new font, was it going to be a
> Comic-like font?

Why not ;). I never like it and my favorite was NewYork. I think that
this is important to have it as package somewhere.
Right now I'm fighting with morphic to create a stupid widget allowing
to show the same text in all the fonts available. But I'm getting
there. This is so good to be forced to o soemthing else than writing
papers and preparing lectures.
This way combined with the tool of boris we will be able to have a good
overview of the fonts and their problems.
Then after I will try to come up with a font.

> That could be useful, since we don't have one like that anymore.
> Another task is to improve the punctuation spacing in the Accuny font.
>  Or, you're always free to design a brand-new font, I guess...

Yeap. Right now I do not know how to specify the size of the letters so
I will use an old one as template.
We will see. I think that with little tool support we could really make
a competition so that people can design a set of fonts that
would be shipped into squeak (what a fame after)...Imagine a moment the
Stef font bold of course :)

stef