What's Left for KCP?

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Fri Feb 20 21:57:27 UTC 2004

I'm really curious how "close" Squeak3.7a-5707 is to meeting the needs
of the Traits and ClassBoxes teams.  I may not remember correctly, but I
*thought* the main reason for the KCP effort was to support project like
Traits, and ClassBoxes which require a much cleaner/more
flexible/better-all-around ClassBuilder, etc.  Also of course new
innovative tools like a Traits-aware Browser, that kind of thing.

I have been busy with other stuff and haven't kept track of the KCP
work, unfortunately.  How close is Squeak 3.7a?  Very close?  Half-way
there?  Barely started?  Just curious.  :)

Thanks,
Brent