C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Fri Feb 20 22:26:28 UTC 2004

(Squeak 3.6g-2 VM for Linux, 3.6 final image)

I'm willing to dig in and fix this but I need a little guidance.  I have
two images (work and home) and I'm saving a morphic project to a server
to move back and forth between the two.  Whenever I have TextMorphs
using TT fonts in the project (BitStreamVeraSans fonts, to be specific),
some of them get "messed up".  What I mean is that when I load the work
image at home, all of my BitStreamVeraSans Bold text has been changed to
Bold Oblique.  I inspect the TextMorph's textStyle on the home image and
indeed it references the Oblique version of the font while the same
procedure on the work image shows the non-Oblique version.  I verified
that both machines had the same fonts and sizes (from the help menu, if
that makes a difference).  So, it seems to me that something is getting
messed up when writing or reading the ImageSegment.  It is 100%
reproducable between these two images.  Any hints as to where I should look?

David

--
C. David Shaffer
http://www.cs.westminster.edu/~shaffer