[SM2] Determining package collisions

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 18:53:58 UTC 2004

In trying to get Scamper going in 3.7.  The SM entry says,

  "Before installing this package, you must install:
     - SARInstaller
     - FlapsRegistry
     - AppRegistry
     - Scamper Removal

  (If you're running Squeak 3.6, you've already got all of those things.)"

I'm running 3.7a, so I'm not sure whether I already have those things.  I could
install them, just to be sure.  But SARInstaller has separate versions for 3.2
and 3.4.  I wondered whether there has been a code-stream update since then
that would get overlaid.  I tried it and received an error (error occurred
during install:  SystemDictionary allBehaviorsDo:).  Perhaps not updated for
3.7..

A more general question is, and please forgive me if it's already been asked,
do our package-mangement tools (SM2, Monticello, etc.) support package browsing
and comparison to the current image?

Perhaps this is more of a SM2 question, because Monticello seems to support
seeing "Changes" for comparing the "working copy" (in the image?) to what's in
the repository.

Can I compare what I'm about to load from SM2 with the working copy (or even
know if I *have* a working copy installed)?

Thanks..