[ENH] SoundSystemCleanup-gk ( #1 from Adam's cleanup.sar )

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Feb 22 20:10:10 UTC 2004

"Change Set:		SoundSystemsExtra-gk
Date:			23 February 2004
Author:			Gšran Krampe

This is the first changeset intended for the update stream that comes
out of Adam's monster work Cleanup.sar. I am working through it
alphabetically.

Quoting Adam:
There are lots of places in the image that play sounds but shouldn't
really depend on the sound system; if sound support isn't present, they
should still be able to do their jobs (just a little more quietly :).
This changeset adds a class called SoundSystem, so that we can say
things like:

SoundSystem default playSoundNamed: 'croak'.

Additionally I have gone through Adam's work and:
- Kept references to the recently introduced Beeper as is.
- Integrated Beeper to use SoundSystem.
- Tweaked Beeper with more comments etc.
- Moved  general checks of Preferences soundsEnabled into
Good/BadSoundSystem, seems smart!
- Added a playSoundNamedOrBeep: method
- Added a base class AbstractSoundSystem
- Added class comments for all new classes. Grrr.
- Threw in the DSASoundCleanup into this changeset since it also has to
do with sound, preamble below.
- Plus probably a bunch more little things.

Lets get this one in because cleaning code rot isn't fun. :)

DSASoundCleanup, quoting Adam:
The DigitalSignatureAlgorithm class uses the sound system for some sort
of randomness-generating thingy. This changeset is a half-assed attempt
to remove this dependency, so that we can eventually create images
without sound support.
"

<This post brought to you by BFAV2>