[PLEA]BFAV!!! - Oops again

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Feb 23 12:12:48 UTC 2004

Lothar Schenk <lothar.schenk at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, 23. Februar 2004 12:15 schrieb Lothar Schenk:
> > >
> > > The latest registered at SqueakMap is only for 3.6, not 3.7a. There is
> > > a (not yet
> > > released) 3.7a compatible version on SqueakSource.
> >
> > Maybe that's why I get an error when I try "open"/"package loader" in 3.7a?
> > See attached gif-file. When I click "OK", the package loader comes up.
> > Haven't gone on from there, yet.
>
> Followup: The Package Loader doesn't display "BFAV2 Installer", and when I try
> "update map from the net" I get the previous error, again.
>
> Regards, Lothar

The error you see is because you ended up in "old code". The very long
message listed is SM1 stuff.
I think someone the other day ended up in a similar situation - ah,
think it was Ken Causey.

Anyway, I think it is because the "sm" directory doesn't contain a *.log
file - or it contains a faulty one. And before SM1 discovers that it
needs to get updated to SM2 it tries to synch the in-image map with the
*.log file on disk.

Simply nuking the "sm" dir before opening the package loader should
hopefully get you going.

regards, Göran