[PLEA]BFAV!!! - Oops once more

Lothar Schenk lothar.schenk at gmx.de
Mon Feb 23 12:46:43 UTC 2004

Am Montag, 23. Februar 2004 13:12 schrieb goran.krampe at bluefish.se:

> > > Maybe that's why I get an error when I try "open"/"package loader" in
> > > 3.7a? See attached gif-file. When I click "OK", the package loader
> > > comes up. Haven't gone on from there, yet.
> >
> > Followup: The Package Loader doesn't display "BFAV2 Installer", and when
> > I try "update map from the net" I get the previous error, again.
> >
> > Regards, Lothar
>
> The error you see is because you ended up in "old code". The very long
> message listed is SM1 stuff.
> I think someone the other day ended up in a similar situation - ah,
> think it was Ken Causey.
>
> Anyway, I think it is because the "sm" directory doesn't contain a *.log
> file - or it contains a faulty one. And before SM1 discovers that it
> needs to get updated to SM2 it tries to synch the in-image map with the
> *.log file on disk.
>
> Simply nuking the "sm" dir before opening the package loader should
> hopefully get you going.

So I nuked the "sm" directory in my working squeak directory. Probably, I
should mention that I have a 3.6 image with BFAV2 installed in the same
directory.

Now (in the 3.7a image), the SM Package Loader comes up and I can install the
BFAV2 Installer, which in turn installs BFAV2.

Then I try "open" / "BFAV". The BFAV window comes up, say "Retrieving list of
posts from server..." and shows the hourglass for a loooooong time, then
gives me a walkback window "Error: at least one digit expected here". See
attached gif-file.

Regards, Lothar