[BUG] UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #theNonMetaClass ( Trying to evaluate code in changelist browser gives debugger )

hoanga at mac.com hoanga at mac.com
Mon Feb 23 16:08:06 UTC 2004

When reviewing ExampleForTextMorph (20 Feb 2004) I was given a
debugger when trying to evaluate code in the changelist browser.

Steps to reproduce
1. I tried bringing up the context menu on the entry.
2. Then brought up a changelist browser on the changeset.
3. This brought up a changelist browser titled ReadStream log.
4. I was reviewing the code snippet in the class comment from the
changelist
    browser.
5. I tried to highlight the code example
6. I brought a context menu for the selection
7. Then tried a doIt on the code example.
8. This brought up a debugger window.  The stack trace
    is included below.

Note:
I do not think this has anything to do with the code example from Stef
in the class
comment but perhaps an interaction with trying to do a doIt on code
snippets inside a changelist browser?

Stack trace below
-----------------

24 February 2004 12:35:23 am

VM: Mac OS - a SmalltalkImage
Image: Squeak3.7alpha [latest update: #5707]

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #theNonMetaClass
	Receiver: nil
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aMessage: 	theNonMetaClass
	Receiver's instance variables:
nil

ChangeList>>selectedClass
	Receiver: a ChangeList
	Arguments and temporary variables:

	Receiver's instance variables:
		dependents: 	#(a SystemWindow(3772) a PluggableListMorphOfMany(184) a
PluggableB...etc...
		contents: 	''
		currentCompiledMethod: 	nil
		contentsSymbol: 	#showDiffs
		changeList: 	an OrderedCollection(a ChangeRecord a ChangeRecord a
ChangeRecord)
		list: 	an OrderedCollection('do it: ''From Squeak3.7alpha of ...ry
2004 at 11:25...etc...
		listIndex: 	3
		listSelections: 	#(false false true)
		file: 	a ReadStream '''From Squeak3.7alpha of 11 September 2003
[latest update: ...etc...
		lostMethodPointer: 	nil
		showsVersions: 	nil

TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>debugIt
	Receiver: a TextMorphEditor
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		method: 	nil
		receiver: 	nil
		context: 	nil
	Receiver's instance variables:
		model: 	a ChangeList
		sensor: 	an EventSensor
		lastActivityTime: 	nil
		redButtonMenu: 	nil
		redButtonMessages: 	nil
		scrollBar: 	0 at 0 corner: 0 at 0
		marker: 	0 at 0 corner: 0 at 0
		savedArea: 	nil
		menuBar: 	0 at 0 corner: 0 at 0
		savedMenuBarArea: 	nil
		paragraph: 	a NewParagraph
		startBlock: 	a CharacterBlock with index 2755 and character $
 and rectangle 134...etc...
		stopBlock: 	a CharacterBlock with index 2394 and character $| and
rectangle 0 at 646 corner: 5 at 663
 in a TextLine 2394 to: 2421...etc...
		beginTypeInBlock: 	nil
		emphasisHere: 	#(a TextFontChange font: 1)
		initialText: 	a Text for 'TextMorphs support display of text with
emphasis.  The...etc...
		selectionShowing: 	false
		otherInterval: 	(1 to: 0)
		lastParenLocation: 	nil
		morph: 	a TextMorphForEditView(907)
		oldInterval: 	nil
		pivotBlock: 	nil

[] in AcceptableCleanTextMorph(PluggableTextMorph)>>debugIt {[textMorph
editor debugIt]}
	Arguments and temporary variables:

--- The full stack ---
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #theNonMetaClass
ChangeList>>selectedClass
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>debugIt
[] in AcceptableCleanTextMorph(PluggableTextMorph)>>debugIt {[textMorph
editor debugIt]}
[] in AcceptableCleanTextMorph(PluggableTextMorph)>>handleEdit: {[result
:= editBlock value]}
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleEdit:
AcceptableCleanTextMorph(PluggableTextMorph)>>handleEdit:
AcceptableCleanTextMorph(PluggableTextMorph)>>debugIt
ChangeList(StringHolder)>>perform:orSendTo:
ChangeList>>perform:orSendTo:
[] in MenuItemMorph>>invokeWithEvent: {[(selArgCount := selector
numArgs) = 0   ifTrue: [target perform: selector] ...]}
BlockContext>>ensure:
CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
MenuItemMorph>>invokeWithEvent:
MenuItemMorph>>mouseUp:
MenuItemMorph>>handleMouseUp:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
MenuItemMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
MenuItemMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:
MenuMorph>>handleFocusEvent:
[] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear: {[ActiveHand := self.
ActiveEvent := anEvent.  result := focusHolder     han...]}
PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
HandMorph>>sendMouseEvent:
HandMorph>>handleEvent:
HandMorph>>processEvents
[] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor: {[:h |  ActiveHand := h.  h
processEvents.  h isGenieRecognizing   ifTrue: [r...]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WorldState>>handsDo:
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
WorldState>>doOneSubCycleFor:
PasteUpMorph>>doOneSubCycle
MenuMorph>>invokeModalAt:in:allowKeyboard:
MenuMorph>>invokeModal:
AcceptableCleanTextMorph(PluggableTextMorph)>>yellowButtonActivity:
...etc...

<This post brought to you by BFAV2>