New fixes/enhs should always go through squeak-dev (was Re: New font (5707) choice is a bit problematic)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Mon Feb 23 18:34:14 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 11:32, Brent Vukmer wrote:

> Hi guys!  In my current dev version of the BFAV, I have tweaked the
> reviewer notepad so that when the notepad is opened from the
> ChangeSorter or the Debugger, it presents "Squeak List" as the only
> option in the To: pane.  Sound OK?

Absolutely.  This is a great start.  Doing much beyond this seems
complicated.  Setting the to: field to Squeak List by default on any
DRNP opened from BFAV2 seems like it would simply lead us back to the
days of reviews flooding squeak-dev.  It's difficult to say which is the
worst evil.  Perhaps if they change the title (adding a type tag or
changing the text of the title) though (in which case BFAV2 will treat
it as a new thread) it should warn them if they send it to BFAV Server
and not Squeak List.

On a related note I'm a little uncertain about it including Discussion
Members by default.

However if I remember correctly BFAV2 soon will sport check boxes for
this rather than a text field.  I think people will be much more
inclined to review the available choices with checkboxes.  So maybe that
alone will decrease these sorts of problems.

Ken