Apple fonts in 3.7?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Feb 25 03:44:29 UTC 2004

Ok, after many hours of squinting at the screen, plus writing some
software to automate most of the process I've:

a) ensured the character spacing is the same between the Squeak NewYork
12,15,18 fonts and the AccuNY equivalents.
b) ensured the space character is the right width.
c) ensured the latin-1 extra accented characters match the width of
their non-accented characters.
d) made accuny09 11 pixels high, and accuny18 21 pixels high,  as
Doug's request to make the 9 1 pixel less high than the 10 point, and
to make the 18 point accuny the same pixels high as the Squeak New York
18 point.
e) ensured a one is not an L

Thus for your old choices of Squeak New York 12,15,18 these will map
directly to Accuny 10,12,18 and preserve your existing character
widths.

Right now I've send a copy to Doug for testing and will wrap up
approval in a day or so, then we'll get it into the proper places so
folks can
upgrade.

On Feb 22, 2004, at 2:47 PM, Doug Way wrote:

> On Sunday, February 22, 2004, at 01:53 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:
>
>> Ok, I've built something on top of the Font edit morphic to compare
>> and do some of the work like ensuring the width is correct, then
>> waits for you to fix any pixel differences as it validates NewYork
>> versus accuny.
>>
>> So who should get the filed out strikefont2 once I'm done this task?
>
> Sounds great.  You can send the fonts to me when you're done with that.
===