Reminder: Harvesting Party TODAY 16:00 GMT

Cees de Groot cg at tric.nl
Wed Feb 25 17:19:50 UTC 2004

ducasse  <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> said:
>Cees, I understand that you are impatient but Doug does not have three
>lives
>and the same applies to me and marcus.

Well (and forgive me for not having followed all the discussions about
procedure around harvesting), if it's not possible for three people to
push out a handful of solved issues out in three days, we obviously have
a bottleneck here and thus need more people.

IIRC, you have been among the most vocal people when it's about getting
community members involved in harvesting. All I am saying is that if you
want to keep them involved, you need to give them feedback. And the
feedback, AFAIC, in this case consists of a) the list of open issues in
BFAV getting significantly shorter, and b) all the effort results in
receiving a bunch of updates later on.

Psychology 101: feedback needs to be simple and immediate.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.tric.nl     <cg at tric.nl>
tric, the new way           helpdesk/ticketing software, VoIP/CTI,