[BFAV] "Couldn't delete old version of file" exception revisited

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Thu Feb 26 16:30:43 UTC 2004

Me:
> > At this point latest.zip can't be deleted and an exception
> > gets raised. Now if I close BFAV and save & quit the image,
> > delete latest.zip (*) and then restart the image & re-open
> > BFAV, the problem disappears.
> >
> > (*) I'm not certain this step is necessary.

Brent:
> Would you try it without that step, and see if the problem still goes
> away?  Also, what platform are you running Squeak on, primarily?

Without deleting latest.zip the problem disappears. I suspect
Goran's suggestion of a FileStream hanging around is correct?

Does BFAV keep a FileStream open for its entire life, or just for the
processes involving reading/writing? I mean, when you hit load updates,
does BFAV then open a FileStream on latest.zip and then clean up that
FileStream after?

frank