[ENH] SoundSystemCleanup-gk ( [et] Filed into 3.7a 5707 image )

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Feb 26 19:34:15 UTC 2004

Hi!

hoanga at mac.com wrote:
[SNIP]
> Tested the following with DummySoundSystem enabled:
> SampledSound beep.                                        Made Coffee
> Clink Sound (Is this expected?)

Yeah. when you interact with SampledSound directly you are bypassing the
SoundService.
So that is just expected.

> TrashCanMorph playDeleteSound.                    No Sound
> TrashCanMorph playMouseEnterSound.           No Sound
> TrashCanMorph playMouseLeaveSound.          No Sound

Goodie. :)

> EToyCommunicatorMorph playArrivalSound.   Made primitiveBeep

Also good since it should do that given that the Dummy is set.

> Object beep.                                                      Made
> Coffee Click Sound (Expected?)

Well, I actually think this is because you have set the Beeper default
to a SampledSound.
Check by inspecting "Beeper default" - I bet you get a SampledSound
instead of a Beeper.

This may be because you tested the little doit in Beeper's class
comment.

regards, Göran