enhanced IRC (was Re: Reminder: Harvesting Party TODAY 16:00 GMT)

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Feb 27 08:38:46 UTC 2004

Am 26.02.2004 um 16:26 schrieb Frank Caggiano:

> I've been using the Enhanced IRC package for the past month or so.
> With the fixes posted at sqeakpeople it works in 3.7.
>
> There is a conflict with the LargeList changes. Specifically the
> channel users pane doesn't show the uses names. This is because in
> IRCChannelObserverEnhanced>>channelUsersFormatted the list of channel
> users is turned into a list of StringMorphs. LargeList doesn't like
> that. (Has this been changed in LargeList ?) If channelUsersFormatted
> just returns ^self channleUsers it seems to work fine.
>
> Should I  make this change in the SqueakSource code?

Yes, the repository is read/write. So you can just put your
monticello-managed code there. Then it's easy to merge this
and make a release.

Keep in mind that the code of SqueakSource is the IRC-Code of 3.6. So
we need to add the EnhIRC changes
first.

And Ned posted some code, too. And Brent did some work ...

It would be nice to have a real maintainer for the IRC package (I
personaly won't have time to actually put
any work into this).

     Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de