enhanced IRC (was Re: Reminder: Harvesting Party TODAY 16:00 GMT)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sat Feb 28 11:24:21 UTC 2004

Doug Way <dway at mailcan.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > Ok (taking  a deep breath) I'll volunteer to be the maintainer or
> > second  maintainer or whatever on IRC/EnhancedIRC. I think I've
> > figured out enough of monticello to do this.
>
> Sounds great, Frank!  Whatever you do as maintainer, *please* make sure

I second that! We need a maintainer of this package. Also saw that
Marcus had put Brent's version (which I think is the one to work from
here) on SqueakSource, good.

Anyway, great initiative!

> the version on SqueakMap is in reasonable working order. (which it is
> currently not, or at least EnhancedIRC isn't)  Even if the latest &
> greatest is maintained on SqueakSource or somewhere else, SqueakMap is
> still the defacto place that newcomers will go to get it.
>
> So, I guess this also means that you should get yourself added as
> another co-maintainer to the IRC package.  (Better yet, take over as
> lead maintainer if that's what everyone agrees on.)  If you do decide to
> combine IRC & EnhancedIRC (which seems like a good idea), make sure that
> it's obvious to newbies using SM which one they want, and mark the other
> one as obsolete.

Regarding operations on SM (taking over a package, co-maintainers etc)
just email me or chat with me on IRC (I am on now for a few hours).

> - Doug

regards, Göran