[BUG] KomPackagingInfo class>>doesNotUnderstand: #default when loading KomHttpServer from SM

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Feb 29 14:22:25 UTC 2004

I'm having similar problems. It appears to be due to various
issues with dependent packages and whatever SqueakMap is doing
to resolve them.  I was able to get KomHttpServer and SeaSide
loaded into a Squeak 5707 image as follows:

  Load Refactory Browser
  Load KomHttpServer
    Answer No to KomPackageBuilder (ignore warning about version)
    Answer No to SBKomServices with StarBrowser
    Answer No to SBKomHttpServer with StarBrowser
    Answer Yes to SeaSide

Some apparent problems (or symptoms) are:
- KomHttpServer depends on Refactory Browser but does not declare
  the dependency
- DynamicBindings->KomPackageBuilder->SARBuilder load fails (or
  gives a bogus warning?).
- StarBrowser load fails.

I also get error dialogs such as the following that seem to indicate
something screwy in the version management logic (I'm not sure where
this lives, but here is an example error dialog):

    |  Warning: prerequisite specified version 8  |
    |  of SARBuilder but version 8 is currently   |
    | registered on SqueakMap. Incompatibilities  |
    |       might exist and cause problems.       |
    |                      OK                     |

Dave