[ENH] PNGReadWriter writing support & alpha fixes ( [er][su][et][approved] Use v7. )

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sat Feb 28 14:19:24 UTC 2004

Hi all!

I did the following:

- Filed it into a virgin 5707. Noted I need to use Andreas version and
then add Ned's single method fix. Not sure why Neds changeset didn't
include the Test class definition. Then when I wrote this Andreas posted
a v7 fixed accordingly, fine. :) That one also filed in cleanly in 5707.

- Ran tests. All green.

- Tested producing a .zip file and opening it too. Just to see if those
things broke, it worked fine. Also uses this code in my BFAV image,
which does gzipping/gunzipping.

- Looked over the code changes but didn't analyze it. Noted the
"Debugging" class var, but we can keep it for a while. Sidenote: Might
be interesting to have a convention for such things.

- Looked at the generated PNGs in XP viewer and Firefox. Didn't check
all but they worked fine.

Anyway, this is stuff from highly esteemed Squeakers, and it seems to
have been tested a bit by other people too. And if we can't trust them
then... :)

regards, Gšran