[BUG] ClassBuilder cannot change class to variable subclass

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Sun Jan 4 18:18:16 UTC 2004

Boris Gaertner <Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net> wrote
a bug report and he did it quick and dirty:

> The troublemaker is the  "withAllSubclassesDo:".
> This method answers a collection that contains
> *the receiver class* and all its subclasses.

This is wrong. The correct statement should read:

This method iterates over a collection that contains
*the receiver class* and all its subclasses.

> For the test, we need a collection that contains
> only the subclasses of the receiver class, but not
> the receiver class itself. Such a collection is
> obtained with method  'allSubclassesDo:'.

This is also carelessly written, a better wording is:

To iterate over that collection of subclasses, we
have to use 'allSubclassesDo:'

My apologies for the bad wording. Note that
the poposed fixed that I posted  earlier
is nevertheless worth being examined.

Greetings again, Boris