[Squeakland] Q: Leverage Overlapping Player to Etoys?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Jan 5 19:13:45 UTC 2004

On Monday 05 January 2004 8:25 am, Markus Gaelli wrote:

> Did we overlook some other way to find out with Etoys which of the UFOS
> have been hit by our shot?

Well, there's the colorSees: test.

> If not, should be put it to miscellaneous?

> Is it a problem that we only
> return one of possible many overlapped players?

How would you return more than one?

I've been thinking about making a CollectionPlayer that can apply commands and
slot setters to its members; if we had one of these it could be returned.
However, there's a problem with slot getters, and with the display of such a
collection (what should it look like if it's visible?).

> Should I send the changeset?

Of course, though it may be of more interest to squeak-dev

> Another question: How do you destroy Players with Etoys? Is there
> something there and hidden?

You'd have to get rid of all the costumes.

In the case of players with identical behavior, you'd probably want them to be
pseudo-slot getter gives you one of these.

> We created the bombs of the UFOS by copying the "mother of all bombs".
> But we also wanted to
> destroy them, if they hit the ground.

You could do
	theBomb doMenuItem: 'delete'