[Squeakland] Q: Leverage Overlapping Player to Etoys?

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Mon Jan 5 23:43:26 UTC 2004

Hi Ned,

thanks for the quick answer.
>> Did we overlook some other way to find out with Etoys which of the
>> UFOS
>> have been hit by our shot?
>
> Well, there's the colorSees: test.
Ahm, yes, but the idea is to give a link to the specific player where
the color was seen...

>> If not, should be put it to miscellaneous?
>
>> Is it a problem that we only
>> return one of possible many overlapped players?
>
> How would you return more than one?
Exactly. I just don't like the fact that my overlappingPlayer tile is
kind of suggesting
that there is only one player which could be overlapped.

> I've been thinking about making a CollectionPlayer that can apply
> commands and
> slot setters to its members; if we had one of these it could be
> returned.
> However, there's a problem with slot getters, and with the display of
> such a
> collection (what should it look like if it's visible?).
I think this approach is worth a try: Go for it...

>> Should I send the changeset?
>
> Of course, though it may be of more interest to squeak-dev
Done.

>> Another question: How do you destroy Players with Etoys? Is there
>> something there and hidden?
>>

> You could do
> 	theBomb doMenuItem: 'delete'
Yes, thanks, this one should do the trick...

Regards,

Markus