bug in delay?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Jan 6 01:20:40 UTC 2004

Yes, and the AccessProtect critical: [
part is should prevent the sorted collection referred to by
SuspendedDelays from being altered as the add: is being run on the
object.

So, either:
a) the critical: is failing to work?
b) AccessProtect is getting excessive semaphores signals from
somewhere, somehow?
c) SuspendedDelays is being altered outside of a  AccessProtect
critical: block.?

My casual look this morning doesn't appear to show case (c) being true.
I've not considered cases (a) or (b), and I could have missed
an issue with (c)

However it could be image change related?  Doing a Semaphore
allInstances do: [:s | s signal] could have interesting side effects...

Then again some other eyes should look and see if they can see the
wrong assumption that has been made?

===