Why can't unix squeak use symlinked directories

Torsten Sadowski moehl at akaflieg.extern.tu-berlin.de
Tue Jan 6 23:39:25 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have 2 problems with squeak on my simpad. If I run from flash memory and
try to use Squeakmap the sm directory is created and the writing of
Squeakmap.1.log begins and leads to Error: File write failed. I would
suspect a timeout somewhere because writing to this flash IS terribly
slow.
When I try "ln -s /mnt/ram sm" Squeak thinks it wrote the file and crashes
later because there is no file to access. Using this link from the unix
shell works.

Any ideas?

Torsten