About harvesting

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Wed Jan 7 09:39:13 UTC 2004

Am 06.01.2004 um 20:00 schrieb ducasse:

> May be what we are doing is useless after all?
I really thought about that yesterday... if we judge the "will" of the
comunity by the actions that the
community does, then we can clearly state that harvesting is not wanted.

So, what are the negative consequences of adding all the good fixes and
enh to squeak?

1. "You break my stuff. I will need to spend hours to port my projects
to the new realease."
     Yes. This happens.

2. "All those fixes are so boring. I work on more important things".
Yes. Most of the fixes are far from
     earth-shattering. But nevertheless, this boring stuff needs to be
done. The best way to do it is to
     do this together, so nobody gets too bored doing it. And, how will
we ever be able to add interesting
     things if we even don't manage to add a class comment to the image?

Another aspekt:

Commenting on fixes is a way to show support to the author. So if you
think small-land is a cool
project, please help and make it possible for Small-land to contribute
to the current alpha-release.
You like connectors? There are a lot of changesets by Ned that need to
be reviewed.

So, but to tell the truth, I really have given up any hope that anybody
will help.

        Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de