New Harvester offering! (Re: About harvesting)

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Wed Jan 7 19:15:19 UTC 2004

Am 07.01.2004 um 16:53 schrieb Giovanni Giorgi:

> What must I do to became an harvester?
There's no need to "become a Harvester" to help with the harvesting
process:
What we need is reviews. Those termed "harvesters" just have the power
to an [approve] or [close]. This is no problem, this is fast to do.
What takes
*ages* is the whole stuff that needs to be done before that: Has this
problem
allready been fixed? Does the fix work? Is the code good enough? Does it
conflict with any change allready accepted? Is it the correct format
(not .zip, not
BinHex). And so on...

Of course, those who do a lot of review will at some point get
[approval] power,
after everyone is sure that this is the right thing to do.

> I must Install the BFAV and get approved my the Master Harvester (Doug
> Way)?
> How can I start ?!

Just install BFAV, read the stuff on the wiki about harvesting and
BFAV, and try
to comment on some changes.

     Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de