[BUG]AttributedTextStream class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:#nextPut:

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Wed Jan 7 23:37:38 UTC 2004

From: <ken at kencausey.com> wrote
Hi Ken,

> After adding AttributedTextStream class>>new per my previous Scamper
> message I now get this error in Scamper (1.02 in a 3.7a-5623 image)
> whenever it actually tries to render a page (status bar says 'laying
> out...'.  I was going to try to close some old Scamper bugs but...
>
> Ken
>
> 7 January 2004 4:23:39 pm
>
> VM: unix - a SmalltalkImage
> Image: Squeak3.7alpha [latest update: #5623]
>
> AttributedTextStream class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #nextPut:

Note that you send the #doesNotUnderstand to the *class*
Is it possible, that in class method new, you wrote

  new
     super basicNew initialize

instead of:

 new

    ^super basicNew initialize.

I looked into a quite up-to-date 3.7 image and found,
that  #netPut: is in the instance protocol of the mentioned class

Greetings, Boris