[ENH][TEST] ClassBuilder format tests

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Wed Jan 7 22:55:12 UTC 2004

ducasse wrote:
 > For me the only important point is the idea of increasing the awareness
 > of tests in this community because we are not less
 > clever than other.

Stef, I absolutely agree with you that more tests are good.  I
absolutely agree we should put them in the distributed image.  Our only
difference of opinion seems to be that you think adding the tests to the
update stream is the only way to make using them easier and I think
there may be other, better options.

You're proposing the update stream as a possible solution to a problem,
but without really being clear on the problem you're trying to solve.  I
think, that if you can describe the exact problem you're trying to solve
in more detail, we can come up with a better solution using tools like
squeakmap, monticello, etc.

Julian