Clean up BFAV?

Cees de Groot cg at tric.nl
Thu Jan 8 01:14:25 UTC 2004

I've been going through the backlog of BFAV, and most of the very old
posts are either:
- bad mails with no attachments;
- stuff that has been fixed.
Therefore I suggest that for everything prior to, say, Dec 31, 2002, we:
1. Inform the original poster that this bug is going to be automatically
closed;
2. Close the bug.
The idea is that if the original author thinks the bug is still
worthwhile, he/she can resubmit it. This will let everyone concentrate
on stuff that is actually likely to work, BFAV will operate much faster,
and in effect asks all 'affected' authors to do a review of their old
work. I think in light of the sheer size of the backlog this is an
entirely reasonable action.

(an alternative would be to move the old stuff to a separate archive, or
make a special 'stalled' status you could select on).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.tric.nl     <cg at tric.nl>
tric, the new way           helpdesk/ticketing software, VoIP/CTI,