[BUG] missing instance variables in GIFReadWriter

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Thu Jan 8 11:28:53 UTC 2004

This bug report is for Squeak 3.7 alpha latest update: #5623

While testing the 'abandonSoures' feature, I saw
that instance variables 'comment' and 'offset' are used
in GIFReadWriter
      (by methods #readBody and #readBitData),
but declared in its subclass AnimatedGIFReadWriter.
We can either move the instance variables up to class
GIFReadWriter or provide different method definitions
for both classes to avoid the use of undeclared instance
variables in GIFReadWriter.
I am not familiar with the GIF format and therefore not
sure what to do. Are 'comment' and 'offset' features of
GIF in general or are they found in animated GIFs only?

Your advice is welcome.

Thank you in advance,
Boris