New CVS setup [Was: Re: ask for APSL? for real this time?]

Cees de Groot cg at tric.nl
Thu Jan 8 11:11:19 UTC 2004

 <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> said:
>Talk to Cees de Groot for possible hosting - I am just guessing though.
>And if Cees is unwilling I might be able to set you up.

Ok, I have setup CVS and copied the SourceForge CVS tree to
cvs.squeakfoundation.org.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.squeakfoundation.org:/squeak login

(just hit enter when a password is asked)

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.squeakfoundation.org:/squeak co squeak

If everyone agrees with this move, it'd be nice if the project
developers would stop committing on SourceForge and start mailing me
confirmations that they are switching over. I will then use your
SourceForge ssh public keys+account info to set you up (that's the best way
I can think of to get your public keys to me in some secure fashion...)

For registered developers, the procedure is analogous to sourceforge:

export CVS_RSH=ssh
cvs -z3 -d:ext:username at cvs.squeakfoundation.org:/cvsroot/squeak co squeak

If anyone wants an extra repository, I suggest they present their
project plan here on the list, when everyone seems to agree that the
project is worthwhile, I'll setup a CVS repository.

Hth,

Cees
--
Cees de Groot               http://www.tric.nl     <cg at tric.nl>
tric, the new way           helpdesk/ticketing software, VoIP/CTI,