ask for APSL? for real this time?

Cees de Groot cg at tric.nl
Thu Jan 8 12:23:32 UTC 2004

Lex Spoon <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> said:
>	http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2003-August/0650
>42.html

Alan is under the impression that Disney doesn't own any part of Squeak,
and that's simply wrong. Until I have seen a signed letter by Disney
that they have put any of their contributions in the public domain (it
is actually *hard* to put stuff into the public domain, by default you
have a copyright on any creative works you happen to create), they own
everything that SqC has done.

If they own something, and I am using it, somehow there must be a
contract or license agreement. As there clearly is not a contract,
there must be some license agreement. And as the only license I'm
allowed to use Squeak under, as far as I am aware, is the SqueakL,
I must therefore assume that Disney (and all the other contributors)
somehow have licensed their property to me under the terms of the SqueakL.

(and another 10 minutes down the drain. I think I'm going to sign off
and spend my time on BFAV...)

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.tric.nl     <cg at tric.nl>
tric, the new way           helpdesk/ticketing software, VoIP/CTI,