ask for APSL? for real this time?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Jan 8 13:18:43 UTC 2004

"Andrew C. Greenberg" <werdna at mucow.com> wrote:
> Plural licensing will not save squeak, it will kill it..  Turn the
> image into a muck of licenses, and you will in the future spend all of
> your time license-lawyering instead of coding, and no serious business
> will consider using the code, ever.

Why are you comparing dual/plural licensing (=offering code X under
multiple licenses for the licensee to choose from) with mixed licensing
(=having code in base Squeak under multiple different licenses)?

I/we are fully aware of the dangers of mixed licensing - and that is the
prime reason for us telling everyone for the last few years to release
their candidate additions to base Squeak under either only Squeak-L or
better dually under Squeak-L and MIT. Hell, it was *you* that brought
about that policy in the first place!

regards, Göran