[VM][BUG?] Unix VM on OS X

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Thu Jan 8 13:54:47 UTC 2004

Am 08.01.2004 um 13:58 schrieb Lukas Renggli:

> Hi,
>
> trying to open the latest 3.7alpha-5623 image in the latest Unix
> Squeak VM
> (3.6g-2) on OS X crashes the VM. No 'SqueakDebug.log' is written,
> therefor
> I included the stack-dump produced by OS X itself.

> I do most of my work using this VM and 3.6 images and it works nicely.
> don't know if this VM is supposed to run 3.7 images?

No, the Unix VM (3.6g) was never able to run 3.7a after, don't know,
last
september or so. This is because this VM was not built using the latest
VMMaker
sources like all the others. So: That's a bug. You might want to try
either
John Macintosh's vm (like I do), recompile your own vm (like a lot of
Linuxers did)
or ask Ian to finally release a real 3.6vm....

       Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de