ask for APSL? for real this time?

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Jan 8 15:54:22 UTC 2004

Hi Andrew,

Please refrain from mentioning the GPL unless *you* think it has any
advantages. Nobody on the list, nor as far as we know sourceforge,
debian or OSI requires, suggests or even thinks it is a good idea to use
the GPL in this case. Any DFSG compliant license would be a good thing,
and the MIT license (or some such) is not difficult to apply to
Squeak-style code. As you well know, the only thing is that it just
happens not to be licensed under any such license.

Daniel