Squeak freezed. Please help

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Thu Jan 8 16:13:30 UTC 2004

Hi Vaidas

Some days ago I had a similar problem developing with Seaside on Win2000
with 3.6 image (although it probably doesn't have much to do with Seaside).
My image crashed while saving. Opening again just showed a black screen and
nothing happened.

I don't know if you have been developing and then it crashed or if it was a
server image. The image may crash because you have an endless recursion or
something like this. But normally if you don't save the image, it is
identical if you open it again after a crash (or after closing without
saving).

You can recover the changes of the bad image if you open a new one and
select the changes file in the file list (see context menu). But I don't
think you have a chance to get to objects in the image easily...

I don't know if this helps much?

Adrian