Clean up BFAV?

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jan 8 16:44:25 UTC 2004

> I spent some time along with Cees yesterday in trolling through old
> posts (which I've done a little of before) and find that I agree with
> Cees here.  Most of the oldest posts are either
>
> 1.  Already incorporated and should be closed anyway.
>
> 2.  Irrelevant because the code in question either doesn't exist
> anymore
> or has been changed significantly.
>
> 3.  Incomplete threads missing enough information to understand the
> issue.
>
> 3.  Without the attachments the text of the messages is often
> insufficient to understand the issue.  Code communicates but not when
> the code isn't there anymore.
>
> I'm not sure of where exactly to draw the line but 12/31/2002 and
> before
> seems like as good a place as any.  If the guides/harvesters will
> simply
> give the word I will put in what free time I can find into closing each
> one.  For that matter I suppose a little code could be written to do
> the
> job.  I for one would prefer that they are closed and not moved
> elsewhere so that they are still available simply by choosing to view
> closed threads.

Hi Ken

Thanks for your time. I agree with you but I will follow what doug says
if he has
another point of view. I'm sure not :).
I like the idea of daniel of following the tags as a mark. I'm also for
closing that
and moving it because moving mess does not sort it :).
Excellent so we will clean all that stuff.
Stef