Clean up BFAV?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Jan 8 17:38:56 UTC 2004

Re: 'explaining why' and 'the plan'

Brent,

I'm not sure I understand.  Are you saying you think the posts that are
being closed for 'timeout' reasons should also include this markup for
why?  Assuming that's what you mean I have to disagree.  That is exactly
what is taking up so much time now.  We just need to decide on a date
and close every post prior to that date unconditionally.

All concerned,

If we can finalize a plan I would be happy to work on this over the next
few days.

Currently I'm seeing the following plan:

Write some code to do the following:

Send an email to the squeak-harvest list and the original poster (first
post in the group) marking the thread as closed for timeout reasons and
explaining briefly including comments that they are free to repost if
they still consider the issue relevant.

Is 'the date' going to be '1/1/2003'?

Ken