[ENH] OrderedCollection>>add:beforeIndex:

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Fri Jan 9 11:39:02 UTC 2004

Marcus Denker <marcus at ira.uka.de>
> Yes. Now somebody should do
>
> a) post the code for insert:berforeIndex as a [ENH] changeset
>       (this method has been implemented for RB, too,  but that one is
> wrong)
This is an interesting finding. I just installed RB to verify that.
By the way: What is the recommended way to communicate
a fix for a package from SqueakMap? What will do *you*
with your finding?

> b) add a comment to insert:berfore: that explains why not to call it.
Same for #removeIndex:  and  #find:

> c) make some tests out of the examples given and post them as [TEST] to
>      the list.
>
> Having a perfect answer on the list is good,
Few things on earth are perfect, and my mails are certainly not.
Now, your mail and that from Andreas encouraged me to
look at the stuff again and to do it better. Insertion into a
collection is seemingly simple, but this discussion was
neverthelesshelpful.

> but preserving that
> information as runnable code is even better.

Allright. Attached you find a proposal for an enhancement.
(Tests will come later)

Greetings,
Boris