[ANN][SM] OSProcess 3.2.1 and OSPP 3.2 on SqueakMap (Unix file locking added)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Jan 11 18:22:03 UTC 2004

This update adds file locking to the OSPP plugin, along with the
corresponding support in OSProcessAccessor. The SUnit tests in
UnixProcessFileLockingTestCase provide examples of how to use
file locking.

I have tried to emulate Win32 file locking behavior in certain
ways in order to facilitate a consistent file locking interface
from Squeak (but note that I have not yet implemented the
Windows version). The Win32 emulation may have a performance
impact for certain applications, so it can be disabled (see
UnixOSProcessAccessor class>>emulateWin32FileLocking:).

Dave

p.s. I have not had an opportunity to compile OSPP on Unix
platforms other than Linux, so if anyone runs into a problem
compiling or linking the new file locking primitives, please
let me know.