NBOR: Morphic, sans Smalltalk

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Jan 17 03:43:00 UTC 2004

I played around with it briefly after a friend downloaded it and
accepted the license...

Looks like there might be some interesting ideas in there.
Unfortunately, it was difficult to tell immediately because the
introductory media was so verbose and the UI still rough in many
places.  The "special, limited time price" of $150 is pretty steep for
what you it seems you get at first impression.  It certainly isn't yet
an enviroment that enables me to fluently express and manipulate
ideas.

If you hear them tell it, there isn't too much imitation involved:
"1500 claims in 60 patents".  Seems like they're trying to stake out
the area pretty broadly; hopefully they really are trying to create
"the most intuitive system ever created for operation a computer",
rather than trying to make a quick buck.

Joshua