Going to 3.7 beta (was: [UPDATES] 34 for Squeak3.7alpha)

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Jan 17 15:15:19 UTC 2004

Hi diego

m7 is waiting for support ;)
from our KCP side we want to have:
	- SystemChangeNotifier in 3.7 **extremely important** to support
cleaning the system and supporting between tool
	builidng in the future.
	- Tests, such as the one of the classBuilder and others so that people
get used to see tests as active and powerful 	documentation
	- Some other KCP fixes, cleans of the class compile protocol,
	fixes of SystemDictionary (nothing really difficult)
	- the cleans of the compile protocols that we are doing ritgh now with
nathanael rely also on the
	use of SystemChangeNotifier (we already have the changeset and the
.change logged as dependent and it works smoothly).

Stef

On 17 janv. 04, at 11:45, Diego Gomez Deck wrote:

> Hi folks...
>
>> Latest approved items.
>>
>> By the way, 3.7 is tentatively scheduled to move to beta on February
>> 7.
>> (Going by a 3.7 final date of April 3.)  So, we're getting toward the
>> end of the 3.7 alpha stage.
>
> I'd like to check the list of goals we agreed on 3.7 before going to
> beta (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3491).
>
>> From my POV we still have to work on:
>
> - Fonts.  I remember you (Doug) said you were working on Accufonts and
> Bitstream. how this work is going?
>
> - Move to 4.0 and not to 3.7.  The .changes files is huge! And, from
> the
> marketing POV, we have enough new features (babel, new look, ttf fonts,
> etc) to consider a "new" version.

Why not? Guides it is up to you to decide.
Marcus?

> - What happened with m17n inclusion?  One of the goals is to make 3.7
> (or 4 ;)) full translatable.
>
> - I'd like to include the (just finished) Small-Land Project Repository
> (a type of new superswiki) to the 3.7.  You can see the web frontend to
> the repository in http://repository.small-land.org:8080/.  It's really
> simple to add, just a new class is needed (a type of ServerDirectory)
> and a registry on the servers list.  I'll post a changeset today.

Ok can you tell us a bit  more what is it?