[ANN] SM2 going live in 20-24 hours!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sat Jan 17 15:15:27 UTC 2004

Hi all!

I think I am ready enough to pull this through tomorrow. I have been
going over the SM2 beta code a bit and tweaked a few things. Since no
serious things have been reported I am going forward.

It will go something like this - for a few hours (in circa 20 hours) the
SM server will not be available. This only means that you can't load
updates from the net, nor can people modify/add packages during that
time.

Then, when the SM2 server is up and running I will rename the current
"SqueakMap2" package to "SqueakMap" (and rename the old one to
"SqueakMapOld" or something). This will mean that when people try to
connect and load updates they will get a question about upgrading
SqueakMap. If you answer "Yes" then after a while you should see the new
package loader and everything should be dandy. :)

It also means that people using 3.5 that opens "Package Loader" will get
SM2 instead. This I have tested. I have also tested both 3.6 and 3.7. I
have NOT tested 3.4 or older, we can look at that later.

We will see tomorrow. Wish me luck.

regards, Göran