[UPDATES] 34 for Squeak3.7alpha AND TESTS!!!!

Frank Sergeant frank at canyon-medical.com
Sat Jan 17 18:03:38 UTC 2004

ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> I bring the topic on the public place.
> What happens to all the tests we approved? I would like that the test
> related to the image gets in the image.
> Who is against this decision?

I am against it, if you mean including the tests in the base/kernel
image (whatever the final name is that refers to the smallest image, the
one that is updated by the update stream).

If you mean keeping the tests in a SqueakMap package, and loading that
on top of the base/kernel image when creating the full image, then I
have no particular objection.

I feel that everything, including tests, that *can* be factored out of
the upgrade stream bottlenecked base/kernel image and put on SqueakMap
*should* be so factored out.  I gather the tests are *already* factored
out, so it sounds like madness to me to undo that by putting them back
into the base/kernel image.

And, off-topic to my main theme, but I might mention that the post to
which I am replying, quoted the *entire* *long* message (around 315
lines) to which it was a reply.  Why?  Couldn't that quote have been
trimmed to virtually nothing?  I would hope that people who
automatically quote entire messages would consider changing their
policy.

-- Frank