Squeak for Debian ?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Jan 17 17:14:00 UTC 2004

I picked up the Debian packaging effort from Marcus Denker quite a while
ago.  Info is on the Download for Unix page on the Swiki.  Just add some
lines to your sources.list and you will have them available.

Ian seems to have forgotten that I took over this project, but anyway
the packages have been quite a bit updated.  For example, they have a
lot more image packages in them.  And they are in apt.  They also have a
menu item for running Squeak from the main desktop managers; this would
have been especially cool if Squeak were in main Debian, but oh well.
It's still probably nice for new users.

Unfortunately, the packages on the ftp site may be pretty old by now.
It looks like I may have been using the wrong email address for Bruce;
I've tried a different address now so let's see.  Or, maybe Bruce will
notice this message on the mailing list.  :)

-Lex