[UPDATES] 34 for Squeak3.7alpha AND TESTS!!!!

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Jan 17 19:41:35 UTC 2004

On 17 janv. 04, at 20:29, Michael Rueger wrote:

> ducasse wrote:
>

>> But michael how people can learn if they do not see tests. Then how
>> to you are sure that there is not vicious side effect.
>
> I basically agree with you. But...
> Avi already summed it up IMHO: have the base image as small as
> possible (if PostscriptStream and Sound should be in there is a whole
> other can of worms ;-) and have a full image including tests.
>
> Then encourage people to start learning Squeak in the full image.
> But for the many experienced developers out there provide the base
> image that they can easily add on to.
But michael
each time I worked on KCP this was with this goal in mind. Now having
tests will help the process
Did I break something, did this fix break somethign else that what it
fixes?
Once we will have wonderful package mechanism then in 10 minutes we
should be able to move test to their respective packages.
so for now what we need is a active and powerful documentation named
Test.
:)