[ANN] SM2 going live in 20-24 hours!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Jan 18 13:04:10 UTC 2004

Markus Gaelli <gaelli at emergent.de> wrote:
> Hi Göran,
>
> me and Marcel Weiher are giving a Squeak-Seminar from Monday to Friday,
> so it would
> be great, if SM or SM2 would work from Monday on. You think this is
> possible?

If I succeed today (just getting to it) then it will be fine in about
4-5 hours I guess.
Otherwise it will still be SM1 tomorrow. :) In either case - if you
don't load updates from the net (well, the Package Loader tries that
when opening of course...) then you will be fine even without upgrading.

What I mean is that if I switch to SM2 as planned today you will not
need to upgrade your image until you absolutely must update your local
map. To use the old Package Loader and not having it try to load updates
whenever it is opened - just remove the call "self loadUpdates" in
SMLoader>>on:.

> Thanks,
>
> Markus

regards, Göran