The usage of ZipArchiveMember.cdExtraField and ZipArchive.zipFileComment

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Tue Jan 20 03:45:25 UTC 2004

  Hello,

  I have a question in regards of the zip file's extra fields.

  I'm wanting to store the encoding of file names in a zip file, as
the typical Windows zip archivers use the domestic encodings (Say,
Shift-JIS) for the file names.

  I'm thinking to use the cdExtraField of ZipArchiveMember or the
zipFileComment of ZipArchive to store the encoding name.  Would this
approach interfere some Squeak programs?  Or is there any other place
I can store my own info without worring about the other programs?

  Thank you,

-- Yoshiki