Squeak listening to specific IP Addresses?

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Tue Jan 20 20:51:22 UTC 2004

Hi Andreas,

> - #primitiveConnect has the semantics of connect()
> - #primitiveListen has the semantics of listen()
> - #primitiveBind has the semantics of bind()
> etc.

So, you want to do this?  I suggest adding one "old-style" primitive in
addition (which, along with several older prims, might be culled at
some later deadline if backward compatibility goes out the window).

As above, plus:

   primConnectTo:interface:

which does primConnect: with an explicit bind() on the socket first.
(The reasoning being that it's one method in the image to make it
available, keeping everything consistent and compatible with "the old
way".  From there, given the lower-level prims, you could swap out the
guts of Socket to follow a strict BSD model any time you felt like
hacking on the image a little.  Then if you decide give up on older
images, throw the old prims away...)

Ciao,
Ian