Require some help for visual tools development
patrick.chenais at id.unibe.ch
Tue Jan 20 17:00:10 UTC 2004
Im a Squeak beginner. I would like to develop a visual tool (prototype) for
class diagram and process modelling and... I need your help!!
Could someone give me some advices, references or working examples?
Operations of the prototype I want to developp:
- Prerequisite: an object model (class diagram and instantiated objects) is
saved in a XML file.
- - The tool reads the XML file.
- - It generates the class diagram and the instantiated objects.
- - It displays them graphically (using ConnectorMorph for instance).
- The user modifies graphically the model.
- Save the modified model into a XML File.
Are they already such SQUEAK Objects or visual tools (Class Diagram-,
Process- Modelling tools or others)? Which squeak class could I take as
basis, or template, to get started?
Where could I get a working example with XML file management (loading,
processing and saving)?
Another question: Is there an event driven simulator or simulation kernel
Many Thanks in advance for your help upon these questions or part of them.
University of Bern
More information about the Squeak-dev