monticello with dependencies

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Wed Jan 21 02:57:54 UTC 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:

> Hi Lukas,
>
> Nearly all the issues you raise below are now addressed in
> http://beta4.com/mc/monticello/Monticello-avi.71.mcz .
>
> The one thing I didn't do is to make a package show up as dirty if any
> of its dependencies are dirty.  I'm not sure that you want this in all
> cases - although maybe there could be some separate visual cue, not the
> *,  that would indicate that the dependencies have changed?  Ideas?

I had the same concern with that one when Lukas mentioned it.  If the
package isn't empty, I might very well want to know the difference
between it being dirty and it's dependents being dirty...  No particular
ideas, really, except for starting to use colour-coding or something as
an additional status indicator... or status icons...

Julian